Okay so Valentine’s day is not my favourite. Maybe it’s the relentless consumerism, the over priced flowers, the heart shaped boxes, or this year, THIS – what the Honest-To-God-FUCK? A Teddy Bear with fucking handcuffs! WITH HANDCUFFS.
But today, I’m actually having a grand time, and here are my top 10 tips for getting through this
- Make a new playlist for your class. Play it in the car, sing along, loudly. Play it for your class, sing along, loudly. Play it as much as you damn well please.
- Read this, Things Not to Wear after You’re 50, and decide Resting Bitch Face IS the new black, and actually goes with everything you own, and dick punching reality into submission sounds really damn attractive, and kinda sexy.
- Then follow up with why cursing is excellent and good for your soul, and rejoice at words like dumbfuckery, fuckstockings, sod off, wanker, asshat etc, etc
- Meet a friend for lunch, be your real self, curse, laugh, talk about the interesting stuff. Hug, because life is short.
- Read this, because pubic hair, it’s important today folks.
- Lend someone your favourite book? Did they keep it as a trophy? Buy yourself a new damn copy. Read it. In bed.
- Buy a really rich chocolate cupcake, enjoy the crap out of it, lick your fingers.
- Make Valentines for your coworkers, hide them, smile secretly.
- Go see Kingsmen with a girlfriend, because nothing says true love like Quentin Tarantino and Colin Firth.
- Bash 50 Shades of Gray for it promotion of abusive relationships, because “ain’t nobody got time for that shit in their lives”, and to make a movie about it was reprehensible and stupid, and to watch it even stupider. Sorry (NOT sorry) if you love it. (also, recall just how poorly written the damn thing was which is why you only made it through the first chapter)
When all else fails, watch this